1. Jetty and Unloading Facilities
Two LNG unloading jetties, one capable of unloading LNG tankers of 70,000 m3 to 217,000 m3 cargo capacity (QFlex) and the other capable of unloading LNG tankers from 125,000 m3 up to 266,000 m3 cargo capacity (QMax).
2. LNG Storage Tanks
Total storage capacity ~1,000,000m3.
3. Re-gasification Equipment
Submerged Combustion Vaporisers (SCVs) capable of regasifying 645 GWh/d (58 mcm/d or 2.1 bcf/d).
4. Blending Facilities
Propane Storage and Injection Facility
Two Liquid Nitrogen Plants (owned and operated by Air Products) with a total of four Air Separation Units and storage capacity for 5000 tonnes of liquid nitrogen.
The Grain LNG terminal provides services consisting of:
- receiving LNG ships up to the size of QMax vessels and unloading them
- temporarily storing LNG in cryogenic tanks with a site capacity of approximately 1,000,000 m3
- re-gasifying and processing LNG (including blending and ballasting where necessary to meet network entry requirements)
- delivering gas into the national transmission and local distribution systems in accordance with customer nominations
- ship cool down
- ship reloading
- truck loading
Unless otherwise agreed, LNG that is unloaded at the Grain LNG terminal must comply with the gas entry specifications outlined in the General Terms and Conditions (GTCs), which can be obtained by completing the Confidentiality Agreement.
Grain LNG has the capability to blend various LNG specifications to comply with the UK gas entry specification. Please contact Grain LNG if your cargo is not within the specifications outlined in the GTCs.